After learning from Emma Barbier about the Burgundy region and about the different areas, we visited Maison Joseph Drouhin. The caves of Joseph Drouhin were amazing. They begin under the Colleiagle Basilique Notre Dame. It is so cool to walk those steps and think about all the history before us.
It was an amazing experience to be there the day after wine makers dinner. After the Beaune Wine auction, the wine makers had dinner for guests. It would have been a cool event to experience. You will notice in my pictures that there is a table full of wine bottles. We were amazed by the vintage bottles. Also, Nancy was loaned a sterling silver Tastevin from her husband’s family. She tasted one of the wines using it. Grecie (our stuffed elephant) made an appearance at the winery. Grecie is to bring awareness to those suffering with brain cancer.
I am very excited that we can buy Joseph Drouhin wines in Pennsylvania!! Since our visit, I have been enjoying their wines. My photography is available for purchase on my photography website.
- Patriarche Pere and Fils Winery- Beaune, FR (travelwithlaughter.com)
- Early trip to Beaune, FR (travelwithlaughter.com)
- Wine Bar in Dijon, FR (travelwithlaughter.com)
- Walk around Beaune (travelwithlaughter.com)
- Burgundy Wine Club 2013 – Chevillon, Lignier, Montrachet, and Musigny! (brooklynguyloveswine.blogspot.com)