While I was watching the final episode of Oprah, I was trying to jot down all of the words that were speaking to me. Then I thought why not blog about the show as my love letter to you, Oprah. Thank you for finding YOUR passion and sharing it with us over the past 25 years. In my opinion, she ended the the last show perfectly! Oprah speaking to her audience…and doing it like no one else can .
Below are some of the ideas, concepts and thoughts that were my A-HA moments during the show. I am not deleting this show on my DVR and it will be watched over and over again. There are too many gems in the show to get in just watching once or twice. As Oprah said this show is my……My love letter to you!
What we do best is a show about everyday people……understand the power they have to change their own lives
- “Thank you America”
- 4561 days is what this moment is all about
- Letter Oprah received from a viewer named Carrie- Oprah, watching you be yourself makes me wanna be more of myself
- Encourage you to be more
- What I know for sure (this is always the section I read first in the O magazine!)
- Everybody has a calling and your real job in is to figure out what that is and to get about your business and doing it
- Spoke of the joy and juice of what they were doing…….we saw when they found it on this stage
- Lit up this stage with their passion
- It lights you up
- Live from the heart of yourself
- Know what sparks the life in you and light the world
As this show ends:
- You each have your own platform….yours is whereever you are with whatever your reach is
- That is where your power lies
- Everyday you are letting your life speak for you
- You will receive in direct proportion to what you give
- Each of us has different circumstances, but the power is the same
- Everybody has a calling- Oprah’s aligned with her profession
- My great wish is that whatever you are supposed to be carrying, you carry that forward
- Embrace the life that is calling you and use your life to serve the world
The theme….people making bad choices and blaming others
- When you know better, you do better
- Nobody but you, is responsible for your life
You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself and responsible for the energy that you bring to others
- Sign…..”please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space” (I am going to make this sign for my spaces)
- All life is energy and transmitting it.
- Love- energy with the best of intention has come back to me in full force
- You are responsible for your life
- Let people know they are not alone
We often block our own blessings because we don’t feel inheritly good enough, pretty or worthy enough
- You are worthy because you are born
- You alone are enough
- 30,000 people on the Oprah show and all have in common….wanted validation
- Every single person….do you see me, do you hear me, and does what I say mean anything to you
- Everybody wants to be heard…..
Secret to the success…..my team and Jesus…..nothing but the hand of God has made this possible
- Know the voice….wait and listen and wait for the guidance
- What I know is God is love and life
- It always speaking to you
- What are the whispers and will you hear it….your life is speaking to you and what is it saying?
You all will be the safe harbor for someone…do for them what you have done for me
Connect, embrace, liberate, love someone
You and this show have been the great love of my life
Everyday in the elevator I would pray of gratitude for the honor to do this show
All sweet and no bitter
Until we me meet again.
Wow……what has Oprah meant for me? A person who shared their struggles to show there is a light to follow. I have my vision board (still a work in progress), A-ha moments, showing love and compassion to people. Plus, much more…..my sister calling and saying you see Oprah today? conversations about guests and topics. For me, I am living my life with passion and this blog is just the start. One of my goals with this blog is help people laugh more in life and change perspective when traveling. I love it when I see my friend’s facebook updates referencing me and “Travel with Laughter” blog. My photography is next! I love seeing when a picture I take moves someone and captures that MOMENT!
Thank you Oprah and I am excited to see what you create next!!
“Travel with Laughter”