September 11, 2011 marks the 10 year anniversary of the World Trade Center disaster. Until 2001 is was just another day, now it will have special meaning to everyone. A day that those who lived through it, will never forget. The question in the title is what we ask ourselves during major events. Here are some major events that we remember
- Pearl harbor for my grandparents
- Kennedy being shot for my parents
- Challenger disaster for my High School years
- Death of Princess Diana
- Oklahoma City Bombing
- 1st World Trade Bombing
- If you want to watch endless hours of TV commemorating the disaster, you can.
- If you want to do a service project, you can.
- If you want to “walk” or “run” in honor, you can.
- If you want to attend a memorial service, you can.
- If you want to spend it alone, you can.
The County Theater in Doylestown places the American Flag every year in their windows.
There is an area in Doylestown know as Freedom Square. It is a great area to visit and was created with help from the Travis Manion Foundation.
Thank you to all of our military, police officers and firefighters for their duty and running into disasters when we are running out!
“Travel with Laughter”